Thursday, March 7, 2013

Future Show, and One Day in Carmel

One Day in Carmel, 24x30, Oil.  

I must say, it feels great to have the space of months to work toward a show of ones own creation. When I envision my show "The Ways of Water" filling the Courtyard Gallery, I see large canvases. So I am busy in my workshop making it come to life. When the show opens on August 2nd at Fairhope Alabama's - Eastern Shore Art Center; I see this painting and other large yet un-conceived works alongside my plein air watery-themes. I may be blogging less, but it's full throttle in the painting realm. Total immersion.
Inspiration is still surfacing from the day I painted in California. I invite you to view this video of my plein-air excursion to Carmel during Weekend with the Masters, Monterey.
Pensacola News Journal, "Eye on Art" features this painting in a review of our Art Study Club Spring Show : Read the article Link.

3 comments:

hmuxo said...

This is such a beautiful seascape, Jill!! The best of luck with your exhibit!!!

Marie Theron said...

Hi Jill, if I had time to stare through the window,this is almost the scene of waves and rocks I would see. Your painting has both movement and stillness in it. Thank you for your wonderful words and the love sent from the other side of the world. I appreciated it when you said: "As much fun as the blogging of art can be, the making of Art, and Life itself must supersede." This is so true of my current situation.Hugs, Marie

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Great painting. Doing this piece plein air by beach would pose some wind issues I think.