Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Painting "From Life"

 Fun-loving Hydrangea, 11x14. SOLD. 

 A painting is a small slice of life. As I began the process with this one, I simply chose things I had on hand, complementaries that were pleasing to my eye. Now that the work exists, I search my thoughts to name it.

 This hydrangea in its younger days traveled home with me from Kentucky.  Memories plucked from graveside florals when my Grams passed away. She was quite a character, loved to cut-up, eat sweets, laugh, flirt, dance and sing. So it is "Fun-loving Hydrangea".

4 comments:

Janelle Goodwin said...

What a lovely painting and tribute to your grandmother, JIll. I'm sure she would be pleased.

Jill Berry said...

Thank you Janelle. It's always good to hear from you.

veredit - isabella kramer said...

I love this painting and the story behind it.

beautiful composition, light and colors.

best regards
isabella

Jill Berry said...

Nice to hear your thoughts Isabella.
As with photography, it's interesting to get a glimpse into the mind of the creator.