Monday, June 4, 2012

Opening Night: "A Painting in a Day"




 I must admit: It's a bit thrilling to walk into a crowded gallery event to see your work under the spotlight. This show of paintings that were done in a day, will hang through June at the Eastern Shore Art Center. Opening night coincided with Art Walk, a well established tradition in the terrific art community of Fairhope. I enjoy seeing public response to my work, and sharing where I was when I painted them. This wonderful multi-gallery/art center is near Mobile, AL. My mostly Pensacola scenes were recognizable to them. You also, my blog readers, no doubt you recognize some from my posts through the years. If interested in the stories surrounding the individual paintings, type it's title in the search box of this blog (top left). 1- Stormy Weather / 2- Morning Greens [AL] / 3- Hemingway's Balcony / 4- Life on the Coast / 5- Mimosa on Scenic / 6- Silver Lining Sunrise / 7- Mimosa with a View / 8- Late Afternoon at the Jetty [TX]  / 9- Banks of the Bayou / 10- Koi Pond / 11- Pretty Produce (new, not previously blogged) / 12- Chopped Melon. All Paintings are for sale.

 I couldn't help but include a couple from the fresh produce department.
 My neighboring Artist. There were 5 of us in this show, each with our own display.

Thank you Eastern Shore Art Center- you're a great place to hang.

3 comments:

Kim VanDerHoek said...

Looks like a great show Jill, and it's fun to see your work all hanging together, I wish I could see it in person.

Your work from Florida's Forgotten Coast looks great! I hope you had a great time.

hmuxo said...

Wonderful display...wish I can see your paintings in person!!!

Jill Berry said...

Thanks web-friends for commenting on the show. Art work IS best seen in person, isn't it? It's great to have venues, outlets. On-line response always adds a boost though.