Friday, May 4, 2012

River Country Roses


River Country Roses, 11x14, Oil, SOLD.  
 This was my afternoon work on our Coosa River Day. As I scoped out the possible sites along the river that morning, I turned around at the end of the road which is the entrance to River Country RV Park. I could definitely see a painting here. So after painting the bridge at the Coosa Landing boat ramp, and enjoying a delicious pot-luck picnic in the park, I returned and focused on the roses with the river in the distance.

Oh yeah, and this was the day the Gadsden Times reporter hid over in the bushes. Next day- front page News!
Then it's back to the Gadsden Museum of Art, to name it and frame it. Also, it must be photographed and priced to sell, offered up to the world: an honest day's work. (It's a good day- when you like 2 out of 2 of your paintings.) As far as I know, this one is still available. It would make a sweet Mother's Day gift (if I do say so myself). Museum contact: 256-546-7365.  www.gadsdenmuseum.com .

5 comments:

Mayra Mancebo said...

beautiful paint...congratulation!!!

hmuxo said...

Lovely painting! It's just bursting with colors...

Jill Berry said...

Thank you, both !!

Anonymous said...

You are so awesome! I do not suppose I've read something like that before. So good to discover another person with unique thoughts on this topic. Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up. This site is something that's needed on the web, someone with some originality!
My web page - log cabin

Jill Berry said...

Wow, thank you for one of the best comments I've received about this blog in general. Right when I think- "Why am spending time telling about the paintings instead of painting?" Then I get an especially reassuring comment that makes me realize that it's beneficial to share in this way, as I have learned SO much on here myself. Thanks again, and blessings on your log cabin business.