Saturday, April 7, 2012

My canvases are toned and ready for a week of painting at the Southeastern Plein Air Invitational hosted by the Gadsden Museum of Art. April 9th-13th! I'm determined to paint the Noccalula Falls this year.
Dmitriy, Gina, Jan, Jill. Lunch break at the winery. (2011)
I'm all geared up! And just finished "An Artist Teaches (Reflections on the Art of Painting) by David Leffel, so: ~Excited~ about the possibilities of paint!
I invite you to experience the event - here's a link to the Museum's blog, with the roster of 15 participants. Their recent post has information concerning our locations and how you can interact with the festival. The grand finale will be Friday Evening.  The Museum will be adorned with the work of 15 artists, 5 days, @ 2 paintings per day. That's 150 fresh artworks to choose from! There were some phenomenal paintings last year. I'm extremely honored to be a part.

No comments: