Monday, March 26, 2012

Springtime!

Blue Inkwell, 16x20, Oil.
Springtime! Beautiful weather for a walk around the neighborhood, clip some wildflowers, set up a still life, study it's nuances, turn up the tunes and stay in the studio during the next day of showers which is just around the corner.

It's also time to enter a piece in the Art Study Club Spring Show. I decided on my race horses, which won a little prize: honorable mention. You may recognize it from a previous post, I composed the painting from a photograph I snapped while watching the Kentucky Derby on tv. Spring also means it's almost Derby time again- 1st Saturday in May. 
  

4 comments:

BaysideLife said...

I've had a wonderful time catching up with your posts. Been offline for awhile. I so enjoy your paintings. Good luck with your Derby painting.

Victor said...

The colors and textures are beautiful, great work friend.
Remember that everything that is broken must be rebuilt, is a waste of time, but sometimes it is a relaxed attitude.

I will watch the Derby the first Saturday of May.

Kisses from Catalonia

Denise Rose said...

You look great! Hope you are having a great spring!

Jill Berry said...

Thanks you-all, for your notes. They cheer me along, on this blog-journey~
Which remarkably, I've been on for 3 & 1/2 years! It's like an independent course of study. It makes me ~think~ "What do I have to share?'.