Sunday, March 4, 2012

French Easel in the Kitchen

Sweet and Sour, 11x14, Oil. SOLD
It's been rainy on Fridays, which is my day to go out and paint with the group. I saved myself a trip to town and set up ol' French-Easel in the kitchen. It felt like a new place because I've never painted from the kitchen counter-top before. With all the comforts of home, I felt like I was skipping out as I sipped hot tea and listened to the end of Great Expectations being read through my cell phone. No, I never actually made lemonade, but I did have fun working in the kitchen.



7 comments:

hmuxo said...

This is a beautiful still life, Jill. The color and the texture is truly wonderful!!! I love the added video...

Joan Sicignano Artist said...

Jill, thank you so much for sharing that little video. What a great idea. The kitchen counter is the perfect place to do a still life.

Your painting is beautiful, you captured the feel of the day in a natural setting. Loved it.

Ramesh Jhawar said...

Dear Jill,
This is a wonderful painting! The combination of yellows and blue make it very attractive! Regards

suzannepaints said...

Absolutely wonderful! I see some more still life set ups in the background, over there on the window sill. Beautiful color palette.

Arianna said...

Molto grazioso il quadro e tutta l'ambientazione.
Pretty picture and the environment.
Kisses.

Victor said...

Fantastic colors and texture. Good job, congratulations from Catalonia

Jill Berry said...

Thank you all.
It is so nice getting your comments, in a world where it's just so much easier to push the "like" button.
I have another still life underway, I guess it's good to change things up from time to time. Better get to painting before my bluebonnets & grapes expire, though I should never be remiss in responding to your feedback... Thanks again.