Monday, February 13, 2012

Neighbors' Swing

Neighbors' Swing, 14x18, Oil.
On the day we painted Bluebonnets in my neighborhood, a nice lady stopped to chat and invited us to paint at her place, a few doors down. 
When she described the huge surviving tree that fills up their front yard, I knew exactly which house was  hers.  
Most of the group painted out back, toward Big Lagoon State Park.
I suspected they were a bit surprised that none of us picked the most awesome tree in the neighborhood for a subject. I was smitten by the flowers and the view from the swing.  
The rain sprinkles increased as I packed up, and the missionaries they were hosting arrived. I enjoyed meeting new neighbors. I knew some folks didn't make it though Hurricane Ivan. She pointed out the house and told me the story, a woman and her mother, washed from the house and hanging on a tree. Maybe that's why I focused on the cheeriness. 

4 comments:

Jane said...

What a lovely porch, a place where you would like to spend some time, beautifully painted.

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted!!! Love those flowers..!

michael said...

your blog and your paintings are so great I think you are a great Artist thanks for sharing this great information keep it up
Painting Company

Jill Berry said...

Thanks "neighbors" for stopping by, and for the feedback.
Jane, I agree. My porch is my favorite place to sit-a-spell. Listen to the birds, just Be, outside.