Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Paintin' and Dreamin'

Navy Point, 11x14, Oil on Linen. 
Hopefully a painting has the ability to take you to another place. Also, a plein air study should retain a slice of the atmosphere in which it was created. Here's a 30 second clip of my real world - paintin' and dreamin'. Nature plays "impressionistic" music of it's own. Though while out, sometimes I listen to my customized Pandora Radio stations via my Android. Music helps me drift into the "zone". It just makes everything better. For me, trying to See... without Hearing also- dare I say it, "like a day without Sunshine".

7 comments:

Karen Bruson said...

Beautiful! Better than the real thing!

Kathy Cousart said...

Beautiful- I always love seeing how you make a painting just so gorgeous out of an everyday scene. Love your colors!

Jane said...

I agree music is a must when you paint ,and Mama's and Papa's certainly set the mood. Your painting is stunning...love your way with colors.

Arianna said...

Complimenti!
Davvero una realizzazione speciale.
Baci.

Victoria said...

HOLA! UNA MARINA PRECIOSA QUE REFLEJA SERENIDAD. UN SALUDO.

Jill Berry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill Berry said...

Thank you, my special blog-friends!
As I'm finishing a new post, coming back to notice your comments again and realizing the theme dovetails into todays thoughts- creating beauty from everyday scenes and also the blessing of music. Hearing, Seeing, Thinking, Creating.
I like getting thoughts in diverse languages.
Victoria- I do enjoy painting the water, tranquilizing with it's movements.