Sunday, November 13, 2011

Opening Night! and Guess Who Showed...

Yes, there's nothing like seeing the big man out collecting Christmas wishes to put you in the mood. *Note: My show "Places without Time" will hang through the end of the year in "downtown" Foley, Alabama. A fun stop on your way to the Outlet Mall: Foley Art Center!
When I was presented with the idea of filling this huge wall with entirely my work, the challenge provoked me to start some larger canvases, which I had been wanting to do. I am happy with the way "Bluegrass Vision" serves to anchor the mostly plein air work. The show is off to a great start, I've filled the gaps of the sold ones. Including one in the window, you still have 40 to choose from.
I had new friends that came, new painting buddies, old painting buddies, even the Mayor!

To share individually about some of the work like "Mediterranean Porch" which made it's public debut after 25 years in my home. Well, that's another post. 
Thanks to all my readers! I enjoy hearing from you, and sharing with you!


9 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

How awesome, Jill...thanks so much for the virtual visit to the gallery for us not fortunate enough to be able to visit in person. I love looking at your paintings.

Jane said...

Congratulations Jill on this beautiful exhibition, the paintings are awesome, and the artist herself looking so good :-))

Janelle Goodwin said...

Gorgeous paintings with the gorgeous artist!

Arianna said...

What a nice post! I like the picture of the horses.

Dawn Kinney Martin said...

Hi Jill! I had such a great time meeting you and painting with the Pensacola Plein Air group. Thanks!Your show looks great! Good luck out there.

Jill Berry said...

What an encouraging group of sweet souls, my blog-fam! Thanks for being that way.

And Dawn!
I was just wondering "What's going on with Dawn Art?"
How was the latest adventure in the life of a nomadic painter/Art Festival entrepreneur? Was the next show even better than the last?
Let me speak for the group, we had fun!

Dawn Kinney Martin said...

Well, I am finally home -yay - and, yes, the Louisiana show was great. A good way to wrap up the trip.
Can you believe I sold the one we did together on the beach after Margaritaville? Thanks for hanging out and painting all day with me. Take care and Happy Painting!!

Tellezmerida said...

Hola, soy jose manuel tellez alvarez, de dibujos tellezmerida y te quiero dar las gracias por tu opinión sobre mis dibujos...Te felicito por tus trabajos en pintura, son muy buenos...felicidades...te sigo a través del blog. Adiós,

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

A beautiful show! Visiting dignitaries too!! Congratulations!