Monday, November 28, 2011

Getting Off Time

"Getting Off Time", 11x14, Oil

This sunset was our conclusion to an adventurous day of painting. Number 3 of 3, which is my record. While Dawn Martin was in town for the Great Gulf Coast Art Festival, she contacted our group for some painting company, thanks to a fellow blogger's suggestion. (Thanks Rose Marie!) After two at the beach and lunch at Margaritaville, we followed the light to the edge of Big Lagoon. This was someone's backyard view before Ivan took everything but the tile floor and foundation. I'm glad all the neighborhood no-see-ums decided to take up residence on this vacant lot, though at the time it was a persistent bug battle, till packing up- "I wonder how long, from start to finish?". "Check your phone, you're sister called." "Oh, yeah, 23 minutes ago." A quick study. Then we were off, to my place, porch-time, observe the moon trajectory begin again.




7 comments:

Arianna said...

Very very nice!!
Tanti saluti dall'Italia.

Jane said...

A stunning painting, really gorgeous..you captured everything so well!

Sadeu said...

a splendid painting : )

Nina Jørgensen said...

That painting is absolutely stunning!!!! Love the colours, reminds me a bit of turner but with more vibrant colours!

Karen Bruson said...

Gorgeous sky.

Jill Berry said...

Thanks You-All. This one was more an adventure than anything. Trying to get set up & something down before the darkness ensued. This is a place I have walked, watched the sunset, with just Pandora music radio in my pocket. Till this night, I hadn't painted here. As we ignored the private property sign and scurried to race the light, I found myself assuring the onlooking neighbor man- "We won't touch your tools!"
"We just ... have to paint ... the sunset.

Jill Berry said...

Now, If I may, I need to- add: Two half-crazed working-women, not dressed to kill but on some sort of a hasty mission none the less, exit a sniper-style van with out-of-state plates, and commence unloading onto what is commonly the solitary place you keep your stash of large equipment.The neighbor man's view.