Monday, November 7, 2011

As the Flag Waves

As the Flag Waves, 11x14, Oil. 
Available at my "Places without Time" show, Foley Art Center, AL, through December.

Previously I have painted boats from this pier. This time I sat up at the far end, and went for a view including the flag that waves consistently to all who travel Main Street by Joe Patti's. I got a couple extra paintings in while Craig Reynolds was here to Judge our Art Study Club Show. He was looking to paint "boats with character", so we landed here. A lunch of seafood was a forgone conclusion. Amidst picking up work from the plein air show that ended, and calling all the winners of the Fair show, I enjoyed painting till the sun went down and I could no longer distinguish what color I was mixing.
 

5 comments:

Arianna said...

You are good to paint in full air. You make really idea of that to see!

Prasetyo said...

Nice articles. I'm just blogwalking and very happy to stop here. And also give you some comment here.

Dont forget to give us some your comment into my blog too.

Thanks for share,
* Rio Prasetyo *

eva i Aten said...

What a lovely place and beautiful art-work! I also like to paint like a hobby, but it seems like the time is never enough somehow...
Best wishes from a Swede in Greece! Once upon a time I was going to go to Florida and work like an Au Pair actually, but in the end I ended up in L.A...never mind!

Jill Berry said...

Thank you !!!
I love hearing your comments,
and from three new faces,
new places.

Robin Roberts said...

you always make the place look better and livlier!