Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Neighbor's View

 "Neighbor's View", 11x14, Oil.
A quick impressionistic study, that I think I like that way. The gnarly gesture of the tree was my original intent. I also like how the light path seems to lead beyond the roses to the undefined. 
My current process- I start with brushes then build up details with knife.

From this same property, the previous week I painted "Mimosa on Scenic Hwy". That was a scorcher of a day! On this one, it began to drizzle just as I took the neighbor up on her offer to actually come on to the property I'd been so close to. (My set-up is barely visible, to the left of the round tree.) So I got to see her beautiful Pensacola Bay view from the deck around the Oak tree I'd been admiring; her landscaping, fountain, bird sculptures, water lilies! The further I wandered, the more paintable it got.


5 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

It's perfect, Jill. What a lovely place to be invited to paint.

Dana Cooper said...

Beautiful Jill, great place to paint!

Ramesh Jhawar said...

Beautiful work, Jill!

Joan Sicignano Artist said...

Beautiful work Jill. What a lovely garden and you certainly have captured it's beauty. I also love the melon, very yummy.

Jill Berry said...

It sure is good to hear from some of my old blog-buddies again!!! Thanks for commenting.
Now that my latest round of summer-visitors have come & gone... I'm gonna get to check on ya'll... right now!