Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Mother's Day Bunch


Mother's Day Bunch, 18x18, Oil, SOLD. 
Inspired by a surprise box of Mother's Day Flower's delivered to my door, and painted with someone in mind. This was my freshly painted offering for my daughter's India Adoption Benefit. 
I must have been in a real "photography" mood as I painted this. So I've got you a video and a slideshow. Have you ever noticed when there's no kids around you are liable to take pictures of lizards or reflections or just about anything? Anyway, welcome to my studio, where you can see a painting in progress. We can call it a still life, but tulips like to change positions, also they are not long lasting. I began from life, but resorted to an image on computer monitor to complete the painting.  Modern painters have options.




video

4 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Hi Jill, I enjoyed your videos very much. It's great to see your process like that. Beautiful painting from a beautiful bouquet. :)

Kathy Cousart said...

Beautiful painting- love to see artists change it up and you can paint anything well! Gorgeous colors and enjoyed the video. What kind of studio easel is that? Looks like a good size.

Marie Theron said...

Splendid painting, Jill. I loved the well laid out painting palettes in your video. One tray for every colour scheme, wow! You do so well out there in the wilds and it was wonderful to watch you in an interior space.

Jill Berry said...

Thanks friends!
Glad you enjoyed the process.
Kathy, It is a "Carolina" model, ordered from Jerry's Artarama. (And thanks for the encouraging thought, I actually try to stay focused on the landscape genre, in an attempt to improve my skills in one area.)
Marie- This is my outdoor-painting-journal... But~ it's very nice to have an interior space when we live in *hot* places... huh?