Monday, May 30, 2011

A Worthy Cause

"Stargazers", 11x14, Oil. Sold.
Time marches on...! My live model for this- a stem of stargazer lilies that I picked up from the florist a few years ago, before I was a blogging plein-air painter, back when I had one grand-baby. This week-end I was thrilled to be a part of a Benefit Concert and Auction that provided the funds for an orphaned baby girl in India to be adopted by my daughter and her husband. Ten of my original oil paintings and a few prints found a happy home in the process.
Pictured are my great kids- Sara, and Noah with his girl (my g-baby #4) who won't be the baby for long, as soon as Sara & Johnny get traveling expenses to India. Oh yeah, the big draw was Johnny's concert! He is a Great singer, he and his buddies are writing some songs... so stay tuned for that cd.

1 comment:

Shelley Whiting said...

I really love the flower. Love the texture and bright colors.