Friday, May 13, 2011

From Atop the Mountain


"Hummingbird Ridge" 12x16 Oil, SOLD.  
You know, at the Plein Air Festival in Alabama I was enjoying the mountain views, because I don't get that around here in Florida. This was my third painting of the day from various levels of this mountain ridge that rises above Rainbow Landing park. Just off to my right in this photo is where the tornado swept through the night before as I slept off the power outage at the "comfort suite". 
When I got to the top of the mountain I was surprised by the musical accompaniment, Katrina's husband playing the fiddle. Then he read to her while she painted.
Two more really cool people I met that day. Not only did they and their grandpa direct me to the awesome vista at the top of the ridge, but they are also the first people to ever ask me for my autograph!!

3 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

How cool was that Jill, having those two adorable children ask for your autograph. Guess their Grandpa is teaching the about the arts and doing a good job. Looks like you had a wonderful time.

Robin Roberts said...

so fresh, like all your paintings of the SE Plein Air Festival in Gadsden. Even before the children got your autograph I was a fan! Keep up the beautiful paintings!

Jill Berry said...

Thanks Carol and Robin!
It was a great experience and I SO enjoyed hanging out with all the other Pros like you Robin. Thanks again for welcoming me into the gang and showing me the ropes.