Monday, March 14, 2011

Salvaging


"Mingling Azaleas" 11x14, Oil, (Sold). Each painting is a new experience. One in which we don't always like the outcome. I get a better feeling from the photos I took this day than the painting. Though I'll post it anyway.

My heart goes out to all the victims of the catastrophe in Japan, the devastation they have to wake up to. Missing loved-ones, comforts ripped away with a wave, properties in shambles, landscapes destroyed, beauty now covered in mud. I pray for them- hope to hang on until the beauty returns.

The yard-artists who bought this hurricane damaged farm have created a unique garden. The grounds is a visual treat, a place where live blooms and salvaged pieces of past lives intermingle, and enjoy each other's company.






7 comments:

Janelle Goodwin said...

Your painting is one of beauty and hope in anticipation of Spring. Your words brought tears to my eyes. Lovely, Jill.

Carol Blackburn said...

Your painting is so beautiful, Jill and your words so thougful. For those who cannot help the people of Japan except by prayer there is always the act of being grateful for what you have and helping someone in your own area in response to the devastation others have endured. Like paying it forward in the name of another.

Kathy Cousart said...

Jill, Beautiful painting that reminds me of Georgia and the Masters Golf tournament every spring with azaleas in full bloom. Love the colors and the sky is so pretty.
I think we are all heart sad for the folks with family and the recent tragedy-In all our thoughts and prayers.

Joan Sicignano Artist said...

Jill, your painting is beautiful. Love the colors and brushwork. A camera can't capture what you have in paint.

all the best to you
Joan

Karen said...

The painting does it for me too, more than the photos..its luscious pinks and paint...

Jill Berry said...

Thank you all for chiming in with your heart-felt thoughts as well.

Janelle- So sweet!

Carol- So true, great perspective.

Kathy- Yes, Spring in the South is in full swing. Sunday, traveling to an Art Festival in Alabama, I thought I should just go for a drive everyday to take in the awesome color.
And, you must have a pretty-mean swing! Miss Athletic!

Joan- I agree, a painting speaks a different language. It marks and records, and no two days are ever the same.

Karen- I like that luscious comment.

I was asked this week by another artist: "What do you get out of blogging."... Had to Think. Which is one great benefit!
Compared to a website, a blog is ~Alive~ because it connects me to your thought-waves.
Thanks again blog-mates.

Tim Robinson said...

Nice painting and beautiful pictures!