Sunday, January 23, 2011

Preview

"The Old Parking Place" 16X20, Oil, Sold.
There were spots of orange up in the tree, though my colorful motivation may have been sparked by the congregation of monarchs resting on our shores that morning down by the tracks. I wandered down the road from where the rest of the group was painting, and found this apparent party-place in view of the bridge to Gulf Breeze.
Going out with the group (above) has helped me find so many wonderful scenes to paint. Below is a sneak-peek of my show "A Journal of Color and Light". The Opening Reception is Friday- Gallery Night, but I stopped by Art Praha to get my first glimpse.
You blogger-friends have helped me too. Like in "The Bridges of Madison County" where Meryl admires Clint's photography, "These are stories, you should publish them". He is sure he doesn't have "whatever it takes that makes you look like an artist in the eyes of the world". Then she says: "Maybe you have to convince yourself first".

11 comments:

Pam Holnback said...

Beautiful dappled light in the shadow. Wow! What a great show!

Becky Joy said...

Wow! a lot of paintings for the show. Looks like a great one. what a beautiful painting, so inviting.

Kathy Cousart said...

Now that is an incredible array of beautiful artwork. Congratulations and love the name of the show. Must be awe inspiring to see them all together hanging like that. Big Wow!

Teresa said...

So happy for you (and proud of you). Your paintings look perfectly at home hanging in a gallery. They're truly gorgeous! Yay for Jill!

Carol Blackburn said...

Congratulations on the show, Jill....both you and your paintings extraordinary!

Ramesh Jhawar said...

Lovely painting! My best wishes for your show. The paintings look so elegant with those frames :)

BaysideLife said...

Oh I hope I am able to get to Gallery Night this time. If so, I'll be sure to stop and say hello. I'll bet your paintings are spectacular in person.

Gilberto said...

I is the time of the year in which is impossible to forget Jill, after one solid hour of snow shovel a date with you is a must; you and your paintings are a warm stop for the soul.

steve strode said...

Good luck with the show Jill.

SKIZO said...

Thank you for sharing
those amazing work

Jill Berry said...

Thanks SO Much for your constant uplifting comments.
I missed blogging last week and I miss you all, but my sister & I had great fun running around from Destin to Foley... girl FUN!
Happy Superbowl day!
...and stay ~warm~.