Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Scenic Hwy Bridge



Scenic Hwy Bridge, 9x12, Oil

I parked my set-up over in the shade by the boat ramp. On this morning back during the oil spill crisis, the talk was all about if the patrol boats would allow you out, for fear of tracking oil back into the waterways.

As my "camera-man" said he was adjusting the eyepiece, he accidentally captured my very first painting video, so get ready for a few exciting seconds of plein-air action: the observational look... the step back... but most of all enjoy the sound effects- the tweeting birds.

    video

5 comments:

Karla said...

Fantastic painting! Love that sky!

Carol Blackburn said...

Beautifully done, Jill. I don't know if I could see the video as intended. The camera person sure was concentrated on your legs though. LOL Cute one to post!

Kathy Cousart said...

Jill,
Love the bridge and the water is amazing. Always fun to see what you are painting and how you interpret it. Great setting and composition.
We want a full video one day! Haha-

Jill Berry said...

Thank you all for your encouraging comments along the way...
I love making new blog-friends!
Welcome!
About that video- I was surprised to find it when I reviewed my photos of the day. I don't even know how he found the video spot without trying.
But now I'm all into taping with my camera. I keep putting the brush down to tape anything that moves- a squirrel, a boat~~~ I may have been better off before I found the button.

Teresa said...

You did it again! Your paintings are always SO much better than the actual scene. I'd love to acquire that ability to see beyond what is there....

T in NC