Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Are You for Real?


Shoreline on a Cloudy Day, 20x28.
If it's been a long time since you've had a morning to sit and stare into the magical world of cereal box art, then this post is for you. If you are an avid recycler, you'll be glad to know this mosaic landscape of sorts, is made of printed snack, cracker, cereal, and tea boxes. It was a crazy but fun idea I had when I taught elementary art. They did 6x6 flower designs. I couldn't let all these nice colors go to waste so I started this puzzle project for myself.

If you are the type to search for the deeper meaning (click photo to enlarge) and you may find: "your money", "the key", the "road", the "message"... "herbs", "color", "art"... a "guarantee", "superhero", "plus", "100%", "real", "love", "details"... "pies" - "strawberry", "apple"... "go to", the "end" and "sleep". A town in PA., stars, humans, dragons, a honeypot, a bare foot, a field of daisies, the eye of the dolphin, a fish tail, Elmo, Squirt from Nemo, Lenny from Shark Tales, a Grouch, a weapon, a flamingo, and much, much more...
Details below- shore, tree, cloud, water...






8 comments:

Mary Jane said...

Very Cool, Jill!

Janelle Goodwin said...

These look like so much fun to make and study! I bet the kids loved this project!

Carol Blackburn said...

What a neat rainy day project for the kids. Thanks for sharing.

Gary Keimig said...

now that is a project. As Mary Jane said. Way cool.
Loved your 10:00 Shadow. I think it is one of the best you have done Jill. great work

Karen said...

Cool and you gave me an idea for my class!! :)

Marie Theron said...

What a surprise to find this here Jill! Some dedicated crafting !

Jill Berry said...

It's good to see you all again!

Thanks ya'll, for likin my bizarre side, too.

(& Gary- for the great comment on the plein-air work.)

Janelle- Yeah, kid-enthusiasm can make fun/art from just about anything.

Hey Karen!
I Hope for you an assistant who really likes spending time with a nice paper-cutter!

Amalia said...

Hello Jill, i Love this composition, is very original, You have a lot of imagination, cool. Greetings and love.