Monday, September 27, 2010

Opening Night!

Weekly we paint together and annually we have a group show. The Plein Air Painters of Pensacola, a family of mentors and comrades in this business of recording nature, or at least vignettes of how we view it, that day, that scene, our here & now. It's always striking how "we" as a group painting at the same location produce canvases so unique, so different. Gauguin wrote, of the Impressionist before his easel- "The painter is not the slave either of the past or the present, either of nature or his neighbor: he is always himself." The landscape painter plays the role of commentator, showing the viewer what he finds interesting.

My grouping of seven are in the foreground above.
Because every good party needs music- enjoy this song's celebration of life, unity, peace, the moonlight, the forest, out on the water, the sky, a songbird... For the JOY of it ALL!

10 comments:

Nina E Jørgensen said...

hey cool that you have exhibitions with your group!! it looks like a lot of fun, and nice dress too! I really like the gauguin quote you put here, it is very true and inspiring!

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Congratulations on a successful event, Jill. What a thriving with life group of artist! Your black dress and pearls made me smile. (I sometimes wear the same combo!)Love the music!

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Okay they are not pearls, but they could be!!

Jill Berry said...

Yeah, I'll just have to use my imagination, till I sell enough to get the real-deal... pearls! I was already happy about the black-dress deal when I was driving home from the mall the other night & that beautiful Full-Moon took my breath away! I hope you both, way over the ~water~ enjoyed it too!!

Carol Blackburn said...

What a great evening, Jill. So nice to have a wonderful group like that get together. I saw the beautiful moon....I was so glad I wasn't working that night.

Marie Theron said...

Thank you for taking us through the opening, Jill! Nice to have all these exhibitions and goodwill! And a lovely outfit you're wearing!

Dana Cooper said...

Wow Jill!! I'm so happy for all your successes, congratulations...you deserve it all!!
p.s. I like your dress too. :)

Karen Bruson said...

Good luck at your show. It looks like you have such a nice group.

L.Holm said...

Looks like it was fun, Jill! Congrats on the show.
(that Elvis is a hoot, too)....

Jill Berry said...

It is a great group!
And-
So are YOU, my faithful blog friends. It feels like you are along for my art-events, stopping by with an encouraging pat-on-the-back.
THANKS so much!