Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring Shows

Spring is in full-swing in the South! I did paint out today- at the Reserve in Gulf Breeze. The spring-greens, Camellias, Azaleas and Wisteria had me bedazzled. So naturally I brought back some pics to share.

"The Space Between", and "Southern Charm" (top of photo) are showing at the Art Center in Foley, Alabama. The "Lighthouse Show" benifits victims of assault.
Foley is the cutest of little towns. After purchasing your art at the Art Center (under the awning at left) go get a malt at the drug store across the street. No, first go to Lamberts-"Home of the Thrown Roll"...catch and eat a few with all the pass-arounds... walk around the outlet mall... then get your shake and 5-cent coffee.


8 comments:

Víctor Seguí said...

Lovely!

Congratulations.

Victor.

BaysideLife said...

Jill, Isn't spring wonderful! Love the slide show, especially the last shot of the live oak framing the water.

Marie Theron said...

Hi Jill, you look lovely there with your work. Of course the two boats are very familiar to me as we painted boats in the same week! Enjoy all these lovely shows and opportunities!

Karen Bruson said...

Best of luck at your shows. Sounds like a darling town.

Carol Blackburn said...

Congratulations on your blue ribbon! It's a great feeling, isn't it. I took a journey through your blog and was amazed at what I saw. Your art is wonderful. I might have to try using a palette knife one of these days. What an inspiration you are.

Nina E Jørgensen said...

wow congratulations!!
Loving the slide show as well, beautiful!

Susan Roux said...

I love this rendition of the ocean! All the colors you use create the wonderful light that the ocean possesses. Its so fresh and inviting. I wouldn't touch it either!

Jill Berry said...

Victor, the excellent photographer from Spain! Thanks for stopping by...

And thank you All for commenting.

Bayside, yes! I'm lovin it!

Marie &
Karen- Organizing a May show has me blogging less these days...but I'm anxious to make the rounds.

Nina, that goes for you too. Hope England is still treating you well.

Carol- Welcome to the Journal. Thanks for being an encouraging soul!
About the knife- try it, you'll like it.