Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Blue-ribbon! ~celebration~

From my kitchen window~ blue birds or blue herons can easily take precedence over the task at hand. I've been known to leave my work station in favor of the camera. As I worked overtime on Saturday inventing a new sweet-treat for the Art Study Club Show, I declared aloud, "I'm a local artist". A funny revelation?... or just funny, my need to verbalize it, maybe? The knowledge of my 1st place prize grew sweeter each time it dawned on me.
After finally reaching the top of the waiting list, I've now been a member for one year. The Art Study Club was formed in 1957 (before my time) by a group of painters to "further sustain their interest in art by shared activities". An award among this established group in pursuit of artistic excellence... had little to do with the prize, and all to do with the desires of my heart.
Also on Saturday, My Old Kentucky Home... Big Blue... UK... dropped out of the basketball tourney. (Can I still call it my alma mater if I was a drop-out?) I'm in a different place and time, but still declaring Art my major. So nice~ to share with you... my ups and downs.

Desiring to give back to society...
I've decided to share my latest invention.
chocolate-cherry-cheesecake, pretty-tasty, brownie-bites.
1. start with brownies, & cut up.
2. whip up cheesecake mix, & spoon it on.
3. add [secret ingredient]... on top


To see the story- the making of the "The Walkway" painting...click. It originally aired last September.
Since we're in the way-back machine..<<< here's a mini concert from the 70's.

16 comments:

Dana Cooper said...

That is wonderful Jill, congratulations!
I enjoy that you share your ups and downs...and your brownie bites!

veredit said...

How wonderful dear Jill and very deserves my warmest congratulations to you!


Isabella

Marie Theron said...

What an entertaining post, Jill. I loved everything but your painting is the cherry on top!(no pun intended!)

Nancy Medina said...

Congrats Jill, but I am not a bit surprised! wow those treats look good....( I am easily distracted by sweets)

Gwen Bell said...

Congratulations and well deserved!

Pam Holnback said...

Congratulations on your award. Well deserved! Once, in the 70's, I was visiting a friend who lives on the Vineyard, To show me some of the local sites, we pulled into the driveway of James' and Carleys' house. It was very cool!

Joan Breckwoldt said...

Hi Jill, congratulations! I could have told you that you're an artist. And a very talented on at that.
I'm an art major now too. :)
Joan
p.s. looks like you could have a second career as a chef or party planner.

Janelle Goodwin said...

Congratulations, Jill! Thanks for sharing this special occasion. A toast to your painting!

steve strode said...

Well done Jill, nice colour that blue, first place has a nice ring to it. All the best, Steve.

Karen said...

Well of course you are a local artist. But, you're much more than that, because you reach all of us way far away...
Congrats!!

Those brownie bites look pretty deadly...must try them!

BaysideLife said...

Congratulation Jill. Well deserved. Your paintings always make me smile. Those brownies have me grinning from ear to ear. Yum.

Joan Sicignano Artist said...

Hi Jill, congratulations and thank you for sharing especially the brownie bites. After I loose another 5lbs. I plan to try this yummy recipe. Have a great weekend.

Ramesh Jhawar said...

Congratulations Jill!! You certainly deserve this :)
And those brownies look tempting..:)

susan hong-sammons said...

Congratulations!!!! and I love the painting. It's so inviting. Makes you want to be there

Diane Hoeptner (hep-ner) said...

Way to go Jill!!! That' awesome!!

Jill Berry said...

Thanks all, for chiming in...
We're like one another's backup singers.

Pam, cool story.

Joan, I do like planning special events. Friends use to say I should write a book on kid parties.

Steve, yes, blue is the coolest of colors.

Bayside, I like being a smile provider.

Karen and Susan... since you all did not invite me on your journey, I had to take one on my own... I am currently in the swamps near new orleans practicing on my new droid phone... see ya later.