Tuesday, October 6, 2009

September Sunrise


Just as I determined that the chances of rain were too high to go out painting, the morning light came streaming in. The sunrise lured me outside, reminded me that my palette was all ready, and challenged me to paint before it's guilded edged form changed into a blinding light. Odd that I did this scene in the morning, because so many times I have photographed this palm in the golden glow of evening. I've even been other places looking for that special palm, and think what about the one in your own back yard? Remember the glow?
Guess I'm feeling nostalgic again this week. Recently, I shared about giving my girl away. Soon afterward I found it's equally emotional to give your boy away. But you toughen up in order to receive the next level of blessing- new people in the family! Here's a pic from "Back in the day" & a current one, teaching the next generation the essential skill of being your own photographer. "Girls cuttin' up".
Painting de jour- "Silver Lining Sunrise", 8x10, Oil.

11 comments:

jill Zaheer said...

Hi, I discovered your blog through your comment on Veronica's blog. Just love the free feel of your paintings- just beautiful.

Ramesh Jhawar said...

Beautiful!

Janelle Goodwin said...

Beautiful painting of the palm and sky, Jill! I need to remember you phrase "toughen up for the next level of blessing". What a wonderful attitude.

Victor Errington said...

Absolutely wonderful Painting Jill.
Also your usual brilliant photos,
and another brilliant short clip.
Going by the subject photo, I can
see that you certainly can sort a
subject out of practically nothing.
Well done Jill.
Vic.

Nina E J said...

This painting is beutiful! I'm loving your landscapes!

Gwen Bell said...

Gorgeous glow! Love your interpretation. All of your recent photos are so lovely and I've enjoyed the videos as well.

Chuck Dilmore said...

wow, Jill!
beautiful work...
both on the canvas and in this life of yours!

it's clear
the source
of the smiles
of people around you~

Chuck

James Parker said...

How very nice, Jill. Beautiful painting and good words...I like that toughening up for your next blessing. Very true...sometimes our greatest blessings are those we don't recognize as blessings at first, because they require a bit of "toughness" on our part. P.S. drop by my blog and click on "Enjoy the Ride" in the top sidebar for a guaranteed "day-maker"

Karen said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous clouds! And I love that picture of you with the younger generation...she has this great look on her face...is it spunkiness? :)

I also enjoyed reading about your plein air group. I love ours too, the camaraderie, and the fact that as you said, there are so many different types of us!

becky joy said...

Beautiful sunrise. Love the colors.

B Boylan said...

I got all choked up when I saw that clip!
Isn't that the way it is when the weather man says rain...and you get a big glow of sun peeking from behind those cool clouds! Nice interpretation!