Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thoughts From Under the Bridge

Is it just me, or does this painting have a "Venice" vibe?
The group came over to my side of town to paint under the bridge. No I'm not living there but it's the closest one, should the need arise. The grounds behind the fish market may be unkempt but what a view! The abundance of Blue Herons kept us entertained, ever so slowly strutting around, not giving up their real estate. Holding a pose, insulted if not noticed, like that white fishing boat, which I originally included. You guessed it, this glossy guy came by and was suddenly inserted into the picture. I sent for the yacht... time to pack up... I figure if we go down and around Florida then cross the ocean we can get to Venice by... (Yeah, I'm aware it's still hurricane season). Well, a girl can dream can't she.
Paintin' my day away- "Dreams that you dare to dream really do come true... "
This painting titled "Dolphin Pass" is currently in our group show- Seventh Annual Plein Air Artists of Pensacola Art Show Opening Reception - Friday Night (Sept. 25) Show runs through mid-October. If at that time it is still in my possession, I could sell it to you. My plan for ~healthy & happy~ includes more canvas for everyone!

14 comments:

kathrin said...

it s great, I love to see it. you comes "blog des Tages" at ruhezone and art of kalo, look there and klick at the picture at the right
"blog des Tages"

Kathleen Harrington Paints said...

Yes - Venice!
stop by my blog and pick up an award I'm giving you today!
Kathleen

Jill Berry said...

Thank You, Kathrin!
A kind honor to be Favorite Blog of the Day!

Your pictures- so poetic!
and your poetry- picturesque!
Keep up the great art-blogging over there in Germany.

In my home I have a painting from under one of your bridges, Heidelberg Castle from Neckar River. A gift from my son's visit. At least my kids got to travel a lot, though I'm still over here dreaming!

Victor Errington said...

Hi Jill. Lovely painting, and I
love your photos. What a brilliant Voice that Jason has eh? All the best Jill.
Vic.

Chuck Dilmore said...

beautiful, Jill!
what a feast -
lovely painting, pictures, music, words!

you keep us so well fed.
Chuck

Joan Sicignano Artist said...

Jill, what a great spot. I love your composition and the contrast in tones and color. Absolutely stunning.

Karen said...

I always love to see your photos along with your painting, what you leave in, what you take out, and how you always translate/interpret the scene rather than copy it. How instructive for me to see this!

What a great spot to paint in!

Janelle Goodwin said...

I love seeing how you edit the scene also. You just seem to know what's important and what isn't. Seems that where you live, beautiful scenery is everywhere and it shows in your paintings.

Pam Holnback said...

Glad you left out the big building in the background and added the boat. Yes, it does have a
Venice-y feel.

Jill Berry said...

Kathleen, Thanks! I will wear my miss creative-blogger badge with pride. Sweet of you to think of me.

Thanks gentlemen!

and Ladies - about the props on composition, they are much appreciated. I am so trying to be a more "intelligent" painter- think through what it needs, without losing my spontaneity.
Your "pleasant words are a honeycomb, Sweet to the Soul..."
It is very beautiful here...so I should be content & enjoy it more often, like I did today- the Gulf was awesome! In a few weeks I'll get to see some of your beautiful Autumn color!
Pam, Thanks for noticing the Condo omission. I held off & finaly decided it didn't need another shape back there. I'm glad you'll be visiting Jill's world...see ya.

Dale Sherman Blodget said...

Wow, I missed the last few posts. Beautiful wedding day photo. and painting. I, like others, love your photo inclusions. "Ah, she left out that building and made the boat more important and livened up this color and toned down that value."

Beautiful work.

Dana Cooper Fine Art said...

I definitely see Venice in this painting, Jill. I love how you can set up and focus enough to get something as beautiful as this painting, even with the Herons strutting!
p.s. I'm a big fan of Jason Castro!

rob ijbema said...

wow what an event,i hope you realize how lucky you all are

Anita Stoll said...

Beautiful painting. I like seeing the photo with it. The photo is nice but aaaahhhhh your interpretation of it is wonderful.
I talked about this subject in my blog today but I didn't post my photo. I like that you did.