Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Passion for Painting - Blog Award !!

I am the recipient of the coveted "Passion for Painting" blog award!! Thanks - Kathleen Harrington . Now I get to choose 7 others who share this passion; as well as list 7 things I love...
The artist/bloggers that I suggest you check out are ---
Bill Guffey - who is a attempting to paint every state in the U.S. ; is from my home state of KY, works with a palette knife, enjoys plein-air, and is admittedly addicted to painting, with hundreds of posts.
Joan Breckwoldt - who has been art blogging since Jan. 07, and shares informative posts like a recent workshop. She is equally adept at portraits, still life and landscape.
Karen Schmidt - whose use of color is awesome. She has more than one blog. This link is to her "Just the Paintings Blog".
Steve Strode - A plein-air painter who's work I admire for it's textural quality and simplicity of style.
S J Studio - A guy from Portland who's paintings glow.
Dale Blodget - who recently got to paint in Panama.
Patrick - French Landscapes - For my last one I am going to play a wild card and recommend a blogger who makes great art with his camera.
Some things I love - (1) The color of water soaking up a saturated blue sky. (2) My Jag which is that color. (3) My husband who got me the Jag, and who supports my habit (painting). (4) Fridays because it's plein-air day with the group. (5) Living on the coast where I can observe it's ever changing shade of aqua. (6) Watching my two practically perfect kids have practically perfect kids of their own. Yep, I'm "Mimi" to four, two of which are old enough to also like "blue mixed with green". (7) God who created the land, sky and sea, separated the light from the darkness thus enabling us to enjoy every wavelength and color so we can choose our own favorites.

7 comments:

J.R. Baldini said...

Lovely !

Patrick said...

Thank you very much for the link Jill !

LSaeta said...

Congrats on your award. Very well deserved. Ok, I have always wanted a Jag ... so I think I need to forward this post on to my husband! Your kids are adorable and as always, your paintings are great!

Jill Berry said...

Hey Leslie,
Thanks for the comments.
The kids pictured are two of my daughter Sara's three boys (Yep, she got three of a kind like you did). These photos were taken a few months ago. I do have a cute picture of Sara painting at age two but that was taken way before the age of digital cameras, and blogging. It seemed wierd to show my car and not these little guys that I have such a special relationship with. Yesterday Evan, age 6, did pastel drawings outside, went in and got the camera for his picture to be taken with them and is ready for his own blog.

Marian Fortunati said...

Ooooooooohhhhhhhh This is lovely... I really like the way the toning of the canvas peaks through and all of the color in the water...

Clever the way you used photos to show us what you love!!! Cute family!

Kathleen Harrington Paints said...

Love your treament of the water... and your grandson's work in progress!

steve strode said...

Hi Jill, Thanks very much for putting me up for the 'Passion For Painting'. I appreciate the mention. I Haven't posted for a couple of weeks due to painting and teaching commitments hope to sort that soon...this should give me time to think about the 7 choices etc. Thanks again, all the best, Steve Strode.