Monday, March 30, 2009

"A Painter's Paradise" [The Book]

I want to share with you this special event in the life of my painting. "Balcony in Fairhope" is published in this beautiful coffee table book "A Painter's Paradise"!!! After a lot of work and dedication from the folks at the Eastern Shore Art Center in Fairhope, Alabama, the paintings were chosen, sponsored, published, displayed and then auctioned off. "Fairhope has had a tradition as an arts community since its founding in 1908. It is our pleasure to continue the mission of our founders by presenting this book of the area's finest artists who have captured the beauty of the Eastern Shore of the Mobile Bay." For more info click the link above. The Forward was written by Fanny Flagg, author of "Fried Green Tomatoes" AND scroll down to see me with the famous person who wrote the Introduction...
At the opening of the show and silent auction, I found out that mine would be moving on to the next Gala Event -the Live Auction. I had never even been to an art auction but like a mom with a kid in a sporting event I attended to catch it all play by play.
I am pictured with the author of Forrest Gump, Winston Groom! Yep two creative minds brunching at the Grand Hotel in
A-LA-BAMA. (Remember when Jenny is getting on the bus in D.C. and Forrest tells her she should go back home. Classic movie moment!)

10 comments:

nancy elstad said...

Jill, What a beautiful painting, I so admire your work. And the book, what an accomplishment! Congrats.
Nancy

Robin Roberts said...

Congratulations,Jill! "Balcony in Fairhope" is beautiful, and I know the collector is so proud to have it - so full of light and subtle warms and cools.

Kathleen said...

Beautiful painting... what a great addition to a wonderful book. congratulations!
Kathleen

Karen said...

Wow what an incredible honor! You must be so thrilled. I am thrilled for you. Yes the painting is gorgeous!

Jill Berry said...

A big THANKS to all who comment. Can't say how much it means to have feedback and comrades to share with. Observing the success of one of your creations is fulfilling because as artists we realize that many will never leave the nest.

Gary Heller said...

Congrats on your well deserved entry in the book. Your works are outstanding. I especially like how you include in your paintings the actual photo from where your vision came from. Seeing your interpretation and rendering of the original scene is so interesting.
I'll be checking in often to see what else your posting.

Chuck Dilmore said...

Wow, Jill!
That is most incredible - and so well deserved! Your work is beautiful and the rewards are merely thanks from the world.

Very sweet,
Chuck

Brad Greek said...

Hello Jill, Congrats on the book!! I have to agree with Gary here about you posting the photo of the scene with your paintings. A great touch to get the feel for the location. Yes I'm still plein air painting at least 5 times a week on my own and sometimes with the group. What a great way to paint!! Love your work, Brad

Jill Berry said...

THANKS GUYS - for your gracious compliments and interest in my work and blog.

Patrick said...

Jill, the painting above is beautiful. I really like the warm colors and the genral style of this image. That's a very nice thing you let us compare with the photograph.

A congrats for the book !