Monday, January 5, 2009

Keeping it Simple


"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."- Antoine De Saint-Exupery. This quote is taken from a book concerning poetry but it is also true for painting; and the word completion could substitute for the word perfection. When I have expressed what interested me most, I try to stop. This Koi pond has a fountain and lots of interesting vegetation. I had a hard time choosing my vantage point. I decided to zoom in on the interesting shapes and varied shades of green that formed the tall growth of lily pads above the surface, and of course the movement of fish below.
This painting- "Koi Pond" (SOLD) is done in Oil paint on gallery wrap canvas, and is available at Whatever! Gallery in Pensacola, FL., or through my website: JILLBERRYARTIST.com .

1 comment:

Painting said...

Wow... so many paintings from your blog..
Amazing scenery caught here. Love it.
Great art, thanks for sharing :)

Linda